Goals are important and help us build confidence; here at Hidden Lake Kung Fu our style is to help you set and attain those goals through self-discipline, focus and dedication.
Want to try out our school for FREE? Click HERE!
Here at Hidden Lake Kung Fu our main style is an interpretation of the shaolin five animals: Tiger, Leopard/Panther, Snake, Crane, and dragon. We practice Moh Pai; but our style is a composite style created from many different styles, which you can see if you look at the curriculum as a whole.
We live by the warrior ways and try to incorporate these values into our adult and especially the youth classes.
Kung Fu Classifications
Within kung fu there are a couple basic classifications; right now, let’s talk about Internal and external classification. Internal has a focus on chi development and relaxed leverage. While external is very hard and develops dynamic tension and focuses on physical strength and agility.
Some masters say there is really no difference and that it boils down to when a student learns. For instance, many external styles incorporate qi gong into their training at more advanced stages while internal styles incorporate external training into the latter part of their training. With this in mind, we are hard/soft meaning that we incorporate qi gong early on with the external training. Going back to the five animals, another key point being, there are a lot of things the five animals can give us rather than wushu performances, where one becomes the animal they are trying to depict (which we do not do).
Our Style and the Five Animals
- Tiger: Exercises to strengthen the bones.
- Leopard: conditioning of the skin, tendons bone and muscle. exercises strength power and speed
- Crane: exercises to strengthen sinews and vitality, and the crane stresses balance and fast foot movements.
- Snake: cultivating internal power and striking at vulnerable points.
- Dragon: Exercises to cultivate spirit, flexibility, and graceful movements. Flowing Spirit
Therefore, if you want to get off the couch and…
- Get in better shape in an environment that keeps your mind engaged as well as your body.
- Develop more tone and balance.
- Learn life skills along with self-defense & self-discipline.
- Increase self-confidence, mental and physical performance.
About our Instructors
Mr. Chase has trained in various martial arts throughout his life, has managed a successful martial arts studio for many years, and has guided large numbers of students through their martial arts journey.
Mrs. Dexheimer has trained with Mr. Chase for 8 years and enjoys working with students and is still learning and refining her skills along with new students.
We offer private lessons as well as group classes for ages 4 to adult, so you can get the most out of your personal training.
See our schedule for class times.
Warrior Ways a list of values and their Chinese characters.
Kung fu a definition and view